ROHO Hybrid Elite Dual Compartment Wheelchair Cushion
The ROHO Hybrid Elite Dual Compartment Cushion combines skin/soft tissue protection and Shape Fitting Technology with stability from a contoured foam base.
This innovative cushion combines the skin and soft tissue protection and Shape Fitting Technology® of a ROHO DRY FLOATATION® cushion with stability from a contoured foam base. The shape-fitting air insert provides critical pressure redistribution around the pelvis area for those with an obliquity. And the two, independent compartments let you set inflation levels to your exact shape and ideal position.
The ROHO Hybrid Elite is also available as a single valve (sensor ready) cushion.
- INCLUDES: Hybrid ELITE Dual Valve/Compartment Cushion, two-way stretch cover, hand inflation pump, repair kit, and operating instructions.
- WARRANTY: 24 months cushion, 6 months cover
- WEIGHT: from 1.4kg (varies depending on the size of the cushion)
For Hygiene Reasons This Item Is NOT Returnable
16/03/2021 - 18/03/2021
Availability: In stock
High Risk, Dual Valve
The stability of foam. The protection of air. All in one.
The ROHO Hybrid Elite Cushion combines the skin/soft tissue protection and Shape Fitting Technology® of a ROHO DRY FLOATATION® cushion with stability from a contoured foam base. This cushion design allows for improved pelvic alignment and stability for improved position and function while maintaining optimal immersion and envelopment of both the ischial tuberosities and greater trochanters. The ROHO shape fitting cushion insert provides critical pressure redistribution around the pelvis area giving the individual skin/soft tissue protection that ROHO is known for.
An individual can achieve greater positioning ability with the Hybrid Elite Dual Compartment cushion. The contoured foam base provides the opportunity for both lower extremity and pelvic alignment and control.
Skin/Soft Tissue Protection
The Hybrid Elite Dual Compartment cushion hydrostatically loads the ischial tuberosities and the posterior shelf of the greater trochanters for those who are at risk of skin/soft tissue breakdown. Unparalleled in performance, the ROHO cushion insert allows for immersion and envelopment of the individual’s shape. It provides an adjustable, reduced friction and shear environment that can help protect the individual from acquiring pressure injuries from sitting. The dual valve option on the ROHO insert allows for additional customization to match an individual’s specific shape and asymmetry. Allows for up to approximately 2¾" / 7 cm of immersion.
The Hybrid Elite Dual Compartment’s customized contoured foam base provides improved positioning of the pelvis and lower extremities, enhancing sitting posture. This added stability assists the individual in achieving a safer transfer in and out of their wheelchair.
Who Can Use the Hybrid Pressure Relief Cushion?
The Roho Hybrid Pressure Relief Cushion is widely used within the NHS and care industry, and is suitable for high risk pressure patients. Based on clinical, scientific or engineering evidence, this product may be suitable for individuals who:* (with appropriate nursing and guidance):
- Have a history of skin/soft tissue breakdown and/or any stage pressure injury (including deep tissue injury), skin grafts, and/or myocutaneous flap surgery
- Currently have skin/soft tissue breakdown and/or any stage pressure injury (including deep tissue injury)
- Are at risk for skin/soft tissue breakdown and/or deep tissue injury
- Have normal or impaired sensation
- Require accommodation of pelvic asymmetry, up to approximately 2 in. / 5 cm
- Require increased stability
- Require lower extremity alignment
- Require correction of pelvic asymmetry (medial lateral) , up to approximately 2 in. / 5 cm
- Maximum User Weight: 225kg (35.4st)
*This list of indications is for guidance only and does not constitute a medical opinion. Please consult your GP, consultant or physiotherapist in order to obtain a medical opinion as to which pressure relief cushion is most suitable for your requirements before purchasing.
How Stable Is the Roho Elite Hybrid Pressure Relief Cushion?
Like many of Roho's pressure cushions, the Hybrid Elite Cushion uses Dry Floatation technology to provide superior stability from a contoured base. The base allows for improved positioning and function, which helps to maintain optimal immersion and envelopment. Comfortable and innovative, the Roho Elite Cushion looks to revolutionise the pressure relief business.
How Is Technology Used to Ensure Support, Stability and Recovery?
The Hybrid Elite Pressure Relief Cushion uses innovative technology to provide exceptional support, low extremity and pelvic alignment and control in and out of a wheelchair. The customised Jay contoured foam base provides opportunity for comfortable and easy lower extremity movement, while the Hybrid Elite Cushion insert allows for immersion and envelopment of the user's individual shape providing effective offloading.
THE FOUR PRINCIPLES OF DRY FLOATATION®
LOW SURFACE TENSION
The ability of the surface to easily yield upon contact.
CONSTANT RESTORING FORCES
Fluid flotation provides even and constant forces at all points of contact.
SIX DEGREES OF FREEDOM
The freedom of movement in all directions
LOW SHEAR & FRICTION
Shearing occurs when opposite but parallel forces meet.
Hybrid Elite Dual Compartment Features:
- Adjustable to shape and weight in the pelvic loading area
- Adjustable to changes in individual’s position in the pelvic loading area over time
- Hydrostatic distribution of load across the pelvic loading area
- Provides up to approximately 2. in. / 7 cm of immersion
- Adds little weight to entire mobility system
- Air-filled cushion insert can be easily cleaned and disinfected
- Cover is machine washable and can be disinfected, foam base may be wiped with damp cloth
- Neoprene cushion insert can be patched or repaired to extend use
- Contoured foam base, foam insert, and air-filled insert are fluid resistant
- Foam insert is contoured to provide support to the legs
ROHO® Hybrid Elite® Cushions Set Up and Adjustment