FreeWheel Folding Wheelchair Adapter
Individuals with folding wheelchairs may now experience the independence and freedom the FreeWheel provides
- Need 2.5” of round, horizontal side tubing to attach Folding Wheelchair Adapter. May be angled, as long as the sides are parallel.
- Round horizontal tubing may be 1” or 1-1/8” in diameter.
- Width between horizontal tubing 13” to 19”.
- Side tubing height: 2 footrests 6” to 16”. Single footrest 10” to 16”.
- FreeWheel clamps on to "HITCH”.
- Easily remove Adapter by unscrewing knobs on side tubing.
- Maximum height 4” on single footrest.
- Weight 3 lbs.
- FREE STANDARD DELIVERY
Availability: Out of stock
Individuals with folding wheelchairs may now experience the independence, freedom and added safety the FreeWheel provides.
The FreeWheel™ lifts the front castors off the ground, turning your wheelchair into a sturdy three-wheeler that can take you almost anywhere you want to go. Grass, kerbs, and rough roads can be easily navigated, resulting in vastly increased mobility and independence.
The large front wheel has less resistance than small castors and makes it easier to roll on any surface, whether you are alone, or with a companion. A detent mechanism keeps the front wheel straight to improve stability and handling but, by applying slight pressure, it will release, allowing you to quickly and easily turn in any direction.
Using the horizontal side tubing, the Adapter securely clamps on to a folding wheelchair. Once set up for the individual chair, it comes on and off in seconds, making it easy to use.
The Adapter and FreeWheel may be used on wheelchairs that have 2 or 1 flip up footrest types.
The FreeWheel Folding Wheelchair Adapter
Check out the video here for instructions on how to install the adapter onto a folding frame wheelchair.