The FreeWheel is right up your street! Whether your 'street' is grassy fields, snowy or uneven roads and paths, hiking trails, forest tracks and even the wheelchair's nemesis........cobbles, the Freewheel can deal with them all.
- Made from strong aircraft quality aluminium with a simple clamp design fits quickly and easily
- Large 12" front wheel gives smooth ride over rough surfaces
- Attach the FreeWheel to the back of your chair when not in use with the included ´perch´ attachment
- Footplates with height over 4 7/8" (123mm) need a custom frame - contact us for details
- Footplates with angles of more than 12 degrees need a custom frame - contact us for details
- Minimum footplate depth 4" (102mm) - Maximum footplate depth 6 3/8" (162mm)
- You must check with your wheelchair manufacturer prior to purchasing to make sure your footrest is strong enough
- Maximum user weight - 280lbs (127 kg)
- Now available in RED and BLUE
Availability: In stock
Arguably the greatest ever invention for the wheelchair!
The FreeWheel has to up there with the most useful devices ever made for a wheelchair. The FreeWheel is what you need to easily traverse grass fields, snowy roads and paths, enjoy hiking trails and safely glide down bumpy paths and curbs. You no longer have to sit on the sidelines, always ask for help, or miss the fun.
No more looking down at your casters worrying if you're going to come flying out of your wheelchair, the FreeWheel creates a whole new way of pushing that means you can enjoy your surroundings.
The FreeWheel opens up terrain not possible with a standard wheelchair
The FreeWheel comes with a clamp to allow easy storage while not in use
Easily attached, removed and stored when out and about
Lightweight and durable, the FreeWheel quickly clamps to the solid footrest of a rigid-frame wheelchair. When you are not using it, you simply store it on the bar on the back of your chair using the included ´perch´ attachment. If you have a folding frame wheelchair check out the Folding Adaptor that will allow the Freewheel to be clamped onto your chair.
Simple, effective and ingenious!
The FreeWheel is one of those devices you should never be without if you are a manual wheelchair user. Whether you are an active user or need a little push, the FreeWheel will change your life. Everything from walking the dog/s, going to the shops, walking through the forest or just being in your garden, it just makes life that bit easier. Don't just take our word for it, check out the reviews, you won't be disappointed!
Easily clamps on to various footrests
For footrests higher than 120mm from the ground a custom FreeWheel can be made, contact us for details
Snow??? Snow problem at all! (see what we did there??)
Love festivals but worried about the mud? FreeWheel might just be the answer
Combine the FreeWheel with our off road wheels (off road pack) to easily transform your chair into an off road beast and save money! Click for details.
We can provide the full range of spare parts, check out our spares page for details
Watch the FreeWheel setup video here......
This video will show you how to setup the FreeWheel on a manual rigid frame wheelchair.
Initial installation may take approximately 15 min, after that the FreeWheel clamps on and off in seconds.